Experienced Personal Injuries Legal Secretary/Legal Assistant – maternity leave contract
Gouldson Legal is a firm focused on providing personalised and understanding service to clients in all areas of compensation law – we know that legal claims, especially those for an accident and subsequent injury, aren’t easy, and require specific expertise.
We are seeking an experienced Personal Injuries Legal Assistant in our Brisbane CBD office whilst the incumbent is on maternity leave initially for six months. There is a possibility that the contract will be extended depending upon the firm’s ongoing growth and staffing requirement changes over that period.
Our Legal Assistants contribute to the provision of quality services by providing administrative support for their solicitors in a professional and efficient manner, which reflects the firm’s reputation in the legal industry. This necessitates a high standard of organisation, attention to detail, the ability to multi-task and prioritise competing deadlines together with a genuine desire to assist our injured clients achieve the compensation they deserve. The position is supported by a junior legal assistant.
The successful applicant will be able to demonstrate:
- Recent prior experience and competency in all areas of personal injuries law
- Experience in the use of LawMaster (highly preferred)
- Highly developed time management skills with the ability to meet competing deadlines
- Excellent organisational skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- The ability to work well under pressure
- A typing speed of 60-70 words per minute with 95% accuracy
- Meticulous attention to detail
- Microsoft Office – Intermediate level
- Excellent personal presentation
- A strong work ethic
Preference will be given to applicants who have recent personal injury law experience and a knowledge of LawMaster.
How to apply:
We would love to hear from you! Please apply now via email to email@example.com with your resume and a cover letter confirming your experience.