Car Accident Claims

If you were injured in a motor vehicle accident, you may be entitled to make a Compulsory Third Party (CTP) compensation claim.

Whether you have suffered from Whiplash, a neck, back or spinal injury, or if you have been injured in any way as a result of an accident involving a car, motorbike, truck, bus or as a pedestrian or cyclist, our expert team of lawyers can help you bring a claim.

Gouldson Legal specialises in motor vehicle accident injury compensation. Over the years we have successfully acted for hundreds of people, across all parts of Queensland, and we’ve seen some incredible results for our clients.

We can help if you were injured under any of the following circumstances. If you were:

  • the driver of a vehicle, involved in an accident;
  • a cyclist, or motorcyclist injured by a vehicle;
  • a passenger of a vehicle that was in an accident;
  • a commuter, injured on public transport;
  • or a pedestrian injured by a vehicle.

Our lawyers can help you to claim for your losses, both past and future, including the following:

  • medical expenses
  • rehabilitation expenses (for example, physiotherapy, massage, hospital expenses)
  • loss of earnings
  • out of pocket expenses
  • help around your home

If the accident caused a fatal injury dependants may be able to bring a claim for funeral expenses and loss of dependency. This will depend on a number of factors, which one of our experienced lawyers can discuss with you.

Unlike many of the other major firms, our approach is personalised, and based on your individual requirements. We will allocate one of our expert lawyers to your case based on your specific motor vehicle accident circumstances, meaning you receive the expertise needed to get the best result possible.

At Gouldson Legal we believe everyone should have access to quality legal representation, no matter where they are from or what has happened to them. We believe you have the right to legal representation, no matter your financial circumstances. That is why we operate on a No Win No Fee basis for every client and every case. Even then, our cap is 20% lower than other firms. So you get the best financial result possible.

Don’t forget that time limits apply so don’t leave it too late.

Call us or email us today for a no obligation discussion with one of our experienced motor accident injury lawyers. We’ll have a confidential and obligation free chat and get your free case review under-way.

What is a car accident claim?

In Queensland, if you’ve been involved in a motor vehicle accident that is the fault (partially or completely) of another vehicle owner or driver, you may be entitled to make a compensation claim against the at-fault party for any injuries or property damage sustained. Additionally, if the accident caused a fatality, dependants may be able to bring a claim for funeral expenses and loss of dependency. 

Motor vehicle accidents cover a range of situations, including motorbikes, pedestrians, passengers, cars, trucks and cyclists.

Where can I find advice on car accident claims?

If you’ve been involved in a car accident and need to make a compensation claim, you should seek legal advice from a specialised compensation lawyer. The legal claims process can feel complex and overwhelming and strict time limits do apply. So, it’s important you know where you stand to ensure the best possible outcome for your situation.

Can I make a compensation claim as a passenger in a car accident?

If you’ve suffered a personal injury as a passenger in a car accident, you have the right to claim compensation from the CTP insurer of the at-fault driver. This includes the driver of the vehicle you were in. It might be reassuring to note that, should the at-fault driver be a family member or friend, any personal injury claim is made against the CTP insurer and not the driver personally, and as such the insurer meets all of the costs.